Hello! My name is Ana, and I am a Canadian Scout at 52nd University Heights troop in Saskatoon, SK. This blog is all about my experiences with nature. I will post stories, advice, small novels… everything I can think of!
I am also one of the Youth Spokespersons and Regional Leads for Scouts Canada so you might see me on the Scouts.ca website. Here are some of my published works:
Fun Facts About Me!
- I am passionate about math, camping, reading, coding, nature, and swimming.
- If there is one place I would like to live, I would choose the Rocky Mountains. I am absolutely in love with them!
- I have lived in Ottawa, ON, before, and it is the place I want to move. I have also lived in multiple places in Québec, but I was born in Bucharest, Romania.
- I speak French, English, and Romanian.
- My favourite quotes are:
“If you are faced with a mountain, you have several options. You can climb it and cross to the other side. You can go around it. You can dig under it. You can fly over it. You can blow it up. You can ignore it and pretend it’s not there. You can turn around and go back the way you came. Or you can stay on the mountain and make it your home.” – Vera Nazarian
“The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
“If you don’t know, then ask me. If you don’t agree, then argue with me. If you don’t like, then say it to me. But don’t keep silent and judge me.”
- I love Scouting! (enough to make a blog about it!)
- I have no idea what to put here!
Most pictures on this blog are my own propriety: those who aren’t will have proper credits. Speaking of which, if you want to use my pictures, go ahead. You will have to give me credits using the following format: Photo by Ana-Alexandra Matei from www.thescoutgirls.ca.
This blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Read the legal terms here.